Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Book Review


 Masquerade (Heven and Hell)
www.amazon.com
Book One in the Heven and Hell series
 I'm disfigured. Scarred. Ugly.
 When I look in the mirror, I see a stranger. When I look over my shoulder, no one's there…
 Yet I feel watched. Hunted. Afraid.
 And then he tells me I’m beautiful.
 He tells me I’m safe.
 I believe him.
 Until someone tries to kill me.
 Secrets abound, danger is near, and still… my heart desires a boy with whiskey-colored eyes and far too many secrets.
 Secrets that could cost me my life.
 To stay alive I have to look deep, beneath the masks everyone wears, to find the truth.
 To find myself.


Here's What I'm Giving It:
4 out of 5 Feathers


My Review:

I have to admit, it was the title and cover that got me to pick this one up. Knowing what masquerade refers to, I assumed the girl had something heavy to hide. I couldn't have been more wrong or more right at the same time! Once she's resigned herself to her despair, along comes the man of her dreams. Naturally, she believes he will never want her, but it still makes your heart flutter when he does. Without giving away any spoilers, I was pleasantly surprised by her love's true nature. It was a shake up from the norm. Even though it started out typical, him defending her and keeping her safe from someone, it turned into something even better that I did not expect. I am definitely hooked and looking forward to reading the rest of the series now.

Would I recommend this book to others: Most definitely.

Stay Tuned For: A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment