Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Saintz Dream...

I used to get this itch back in high school. In my brain and in my fingertips. Something was telling me that I just had to put pen to paper. It started out as poems, and boy, was I good at writing those. All I needed was a topic, and Bam! Five minutes later, I had a poem that could make you cry. After a while, that wasn't enough tho. So, I tried my hand at writing a novel. Never finished it of course. But I've held on to it all these years, thinking maybe one day I can turn it into something incredible. I still believe I can, just not yet. After school tho, I did what most kids do, worked and goofed off. Then there was marriage and family. I don't quite recommend the marriage part. That was a living hell if there ever was one. I'm amazed I made it out of that one alive. Definitely didn't make it out in one piece, I'm still gluing me back together. I'll say this tho, while he suppressed my creativity while we were together...as soon as we separated, it was like an explosion! 
Here I am now, I can draw iconic cartoon characters on fingernails (seriously!), I'm a pretty decent editor (just ask my favorite author haha), and I'm getting back into writing again. Only sad thing is, I have more than one plot traipsing thru my head at one time. Think I'm gonna need some tips from Kisha on how to master the flow somehow ;) But in the meantime, I gotta break thru this self-induced writer's block first and get back to the one thing that really and truly is better than any medicine a psychiatrist could ever prescribe...

No comments:

Post a Comment